You’re invited to Work Hard, Play Hard by participating in bWell, BMC’s wellness program designed to help you make lasting changes in seven key areas of your life: physical, emotional, financial, work, social, intellectual, and spiritual. Participate in Work Hard, Play Hard and pledge that while you work hard on your career ambitions, you also fuel your passions and play hard outside work.
“The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him, he is always doing both”
– James Michener, Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist
Surf, Sun, and Sand
Several studies discovered that the beach improves happiness, well-being, and even the brain. Think of the sun, sand, surf, and sunsets as you participate in the Work Hard, Play Hard challenges. Ride the waves and earn reward points by participating in team or individual challenges, from the annual Step-IT-Up Challenge to creating a financial plan or doing a digital detox, for example.
You’ll earn rewards and move through the beach activity levels—Rest and Relax, Sculpt Sand, Dive the Reef, and Hang Ten. You’ll earn more rewards as you complete each level.
- Find Your Wave. Work Hard, Play Hard gives you the ability to create your own customized challenge. Whether you want to spend less, play more, or conquer a bad habit, you design the challenge that will help you change for good. bWell awards points for up to 12 custom challenges, but there’s no limit on how many custom challenges you can create. Learn to limbo, anyone?
- Rewards Now or Discounts Later? You decide how to receive your wellness program rewards. Choose a gift card* now or wait and receive your reward as a discount on your 2023 medical premiums. But don’t forget! No matter which option you choose, you’ll need to actively redeem your rewards/discounts as soon as you earn points but before they expire on August 31, 2022.**
Please note: *If you choose a cash reward (gift card), the Internal Revenue Code considers the gift card value taxable income.
**For participants enrolled in BMC’s health plan, if no redemption was made, you will default into the premium discount. If you are not enrolled in the BMC health plan and do not redeem by August 31, you will forfeit your reward.
- Invite Your Spouse. Work Hard, Play Hard welcomes spouses to participate so that you can set wellness goals, learn, and enjoy success together. Spouses are not eligible for BMC rewards, but you can cheer each other on while playing hard and making positive, healthier choices together. To invite your spouse, log in to mybmcwellness.com after registering and select the Family option from your profile menu.
- Unlimited Expert Support and Advice. If you need help starting your well-being journey, a Lifestyle Motivator from Marquee Health, BMC’s wellness partner, can help guide and encourage you. And there’s no limit on the amount of support and motivation you can request before well-being becomes a new way of life. Consultations with Lifestyle Motivators are available at your convenience by phone, video, or web chat. You can even earn points for meeting with your Lifestyle Motivator.
- Easy Access. Use the iOS or Android app to make updates, join a challenge, and more. Automated text messages make it easy and fun to record progress on challenges. You can also sync your fitness device, Wi-Fi smart scale, glucose monitor, and blood monitor to mybmcwellness.com.
- Earn While You Learn. Earn reward points when you watch over 100 quality videos. The videos cover 15 health-related topics, such as Work Happier Now and Preventive Care U. Videos are available 24/7 at mybmcwellness.com and the mobile app for iOS and Android.
Go for the Big Wave
Hang Ten. Participants earning 8,000 bWell points and reaching the Hang Ten level by August 31, 2022, can win one of 10 beachin’ prizes.
Welcome, Everyone. All BMC employees can join Work Hard, Play Hard. You earn 1,000 bWell points and a $100 discount on your 2023 medical premiums or a reward valued at $100 when you complete the online Well-Being Survey and get a biometric health screening.
Rest and Relax Get a health screening* and complete the Well-Being Survey* for a $100 savings on your 2023 medical premiums or a reward valued at $100**
Sculpt Sand Additional $200 reward or savings on your 2023 medical premiums or to use toward gift cards
Dive the Reef Additional $300 reward or savings on your 2023 medical premiums or to use toward gift cards
Hang Ten Entered to win beachin’ prizes
How to Get Started:
- Check out the challenges at mybmcwellness.com.
- Take the online Well-Being Survey.
- Participate in a health screening.
- Start earning and redeeming rewards.
Read the Work Hard, Play Hard program overview for details.
Choose How You’ll Track Your Activity
You can choose from four ways to participate in Work Hard, Play Hard and track your activities
- Web site
- Text messages
- Wellness devices
- Mobile app
Watch this short video to learn more
Download the App
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What is the 2021-2022 bWell program period?
Earn points by completing challenges between October 1, 2021, and August 31, 2022.
What is a biometric health screening?
A biometric health screening is a quick, confidential test that builds an overall picture of your health. It provides important health numbers, including measures of cholesterol, blood sugar, and more. You will walk away with vital health numbers and ideas on where you can focus while pursuing a healthier lifestyle.
What are the 2021-2022 bWell biometric health screening requirements?
Update your biometric numbers.
|Offsite options include:
|Going to LabCorp with a voucher
||October 1, 2021, to August 15, 2022
|Going to a physician as part of an annual preventive/wellness exam
October 1, 2021, to August 15, 2022
Good to know: When you participate in preventive exams such as your annual physical and dental exams between October 1, 2021, and August 31, 2022, you can earn up to 600 bWell points for the Prevent It challenge.