You’re invited to explore metaphorical galaxies while changing your life. Join Out of This World, BMC’s 2022-2023 wellness program, designed to help you make lasting changes in seven key areas of your life: physical, emotional, financial, work, social, intellectual, and spiritual.
During this 11-month galactic odyssey, you will explore the cosmos and earn rewards as you boldly go where no man (or woman) has gone before. And you’ll earn more points and rewards as you blast through four levels of space travel — Blast Off, Voyager, Solar Traveler, and Galactic Voyager.
- Solo Mission. Out of This World allows you to create your own customized challenge. Whether you want to improve your mindfulness, swim more, spend less, or conquer a bad habit, you design the challenge that will help you change for good. bWell awards points for up to 12 custom challenges, but there’s no limit on how many custom challenges you can create.
- Rewards Now or Discounts Later? You decide how to receive your wellness program rewards. Choose a reward (gift card) now or wait and receive it as a discount on your 2024 medical premiums. But don’t forget! No matter which option you choose, you’ll need to actively redeem your rewards/discounts as soon as you earn points or before they expire on August 31, 2023, when the mission ends.
Please note: If you choose a cash reward (gift card), the Internal Revenue Code considers the gift cards taxable income. If you are enrolled in BMC’s health plan and don’t redeem your rewards, you will automatically receive the premium discount. If you are not enrolled in BMC’s health plan and do not redeem by August 31, you will forfeit your reward.
- Avoid Isolation Hazards. Out of This World welcomes spouses to participate so you can set wellness goals, learn, and enjoy success together. Spouses are not eligible for BMC rewards, but you can accept this mission while making positive, healthier choices together. To invite your spouse on this mission, log in to mybmcwellness.com after registering and select the Family option from your profile menu.
- Mission Control. If you need help preparing for this mission, a Lifestyle Motivator from Marquee Health, BMC’s wellness partner, can help guide and encourage you. And there’s no limit on the amount of support and motivation you can request before well-being becomes a new way of Life. Consultations with Lifestyle Motivators are available at your convenience by phone, video, or web chat. You can even earn points for meeting with your Lifestyle Motivator.
- Easy Access. Use the iOS or Android app to make updates, join a challenge, and more. Automated text messages make it easy and fun to record your mission progress. You can also sync your fitness device, Wi-Fi smart scale, glucose monitor, and blood monitor to mybmcwellness.com.
- Learn and Earn. Galactic Voyager. Participants earning 8,000 bWell points and reaching the Galactic Voyager level by August 31, 2023, can win one of 10 out of this world prizes.
- Welcome, All Explorers. All BMC employees can join Out of This World. You earn 1,000 bWell points, a $100 discount on your 2024 medical premiums, or a reward valued at $100 when you complete the online Well-Being Survey and get a biometric health screening.
Get a health screening and complete the Well-Being Survey for a $100 savings on your 2024 medical premiums* or a reward valued at $100**
Additional $200 reward or savings on your 2024 medical premiums or to use toward gift cards
Additional $300 reward or savings on your 2024 medical premiums or to use toward gift cards
Entered to win prizes that are out of this world
- Check out the challenges at mybmcwellness.com.
- Take the online Well-Being Survey.
- Get a health screening.
- Start earning and redeeming rewards.
Read the Out of This World program overview for details.
Choose How You’ll Track Your Activity
You can choose from four ways to participate in Work Hard, Play Hard and track your activities
- Web site
- Text messages
- Wellness devices
- Mobile app
Watch this short video to learn more
Download the App
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What is the 2022/2023 bWell program period?
Earn points by completing challenges between October 1, 2022, and August 31, 2023.
What is a biometric health screening?
A biometric health screening is a quick, confidential test that builds an overall picture of your health. It provides important health numbers, including cholesterol, blood sugar measures, and more. You will walk away with vital health numbers and ideas on where you can focus while pursuing a healthier lifestyle.
What are the 2022/2023 bWell biometric health screening requirements?
Update your biometric numbers.
|Offsite options include:
|Going to LabCorp with a voucher
||October 1, 2022, to August 15, 2023
|Going to a physician as part of an annual preventive/wellness exam
October 1, 2022, to August 15, 2023
Good to know: When you participate in preventative exams such as your annual physical and dental exams between October 1, 2022, and August 31, 2023, you can earn up to 600 bWell points for the Prevent It challenge.