Everything is Well-Some in May
BMC’s Shoey is back! This time he’s with his minifigure friends for one of the biggest kit builds (challenges) of the bWell Builds year, the annual Step-IT-Up Team Challenge, May 4 to 29.
As a player in bWell Builds, you beat levels by building kits (participating in challenges). The more levels you conquer, the more rewards you’ll earn. But the best part? You’re never in it alone.
Create or join a team and compete against other BMC builders to track the most steps in May. The team with the highest average step count at the end of the competition wins and receives an awesome trophy and a $250 gift card*.
Beat the COVID Blues: Some friendly competition among work peers is a great motivator, especially if social distancing at home has put you in an exercise slump.
160,000 step goal: You will need to log at least 160,000 steps between May 4 and 29 to be eligible for rewards. Once you reach the goal, keep moving. Every step you log gets your team closer to the highest average step count and the grand prize.
Choose how you’ll move: Many activities count, and the more physical activity you get in, the more steps you accumulate.
Track your activity: Use your activity tracker or a smartphone app to record your movement. Embrace your inner athlete and prove that you can move – a lot – in May. Read more about tracking your steps here.
Earn rewards, win prizes:
- Grand (Team) Prize: The team with the highest average step count wins the competition, receives an awesome trophy, and enjoys bragging rights. Each builder of the winning team will also win a $250 gift card*.
- Individual Highest Step Count Prize: The two builders with the highest step count will win a $250 gift card*.
- 160,000 Steps Prize: Builders who log at least 160,000 steps are eligible to win the random prize drawing for a $250 gift card*, awarded to two random competitors.
- 500 bWell points for participants who log 160,000 steps
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing you moved more in May to help your team and achieve your activity goals.
Ways to Move More in May
ANY activity is an awesome activity. Whether staying active, to you, looks like yoga in the living room, running up the stairs, or having a go at weighted arm exercises with tins from your cupboard, there are plenty of ways to keep moving even with the social distancing restrictions.
Need inspiration? Get ideas on fun ways to increase your step count
- Enjoyment is the key to sticking to physical activity. Choose an activity you enjoy, not one you think is ‘good for you.’
- Think back. Did you enjoy a particular physical activity as a child, such as cycling or basketball? If so, give that activity another go.
- Try dancing. Swing? Tango? Zumba? Flamenco? Watch an online class and be prepared to sweat.
- Working out is play. If you have children, play backyard games like tag, hopscotch, and capture the flag. Croquet, badminton, or lawn bowling are options if your yard is big enough.
- Beat boredom. Try a new route for walking or biking or even a different room for your exercises or stretching. By having several options, you can pick one that suits your mood or schedule.
- Vary the time. Do your activity at different times and for varying amounts of time. If you become bored with your noon walk, try exercising in the early morning or after work. Instead of doing one 45-minute session, do three 15-minute sessions.
- Stand up gaming. Make a rule that you can only play while standing up.
- When in doubt, move more.
Track Your Activity
If you have synced your activity...
- If you have synced your activity tracker or app to mybmcwellness.com, your steps are automatically loaded to your account. See the Team Tip Sheet for the list of compatible devices or apps you can use.
Using a tracking device/app and manually entering the same activity is not permitted.
If you have an issue with the website or syncing, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-240-0733.
For information about the Step-IT-Up Challenge or bWell Builds, check out:
Text STEPITUP to 25827 to receive text updates throughout the Challenge. Message and data rates may apply. You can unsubscribe from this list anytime by replying STOP STEPITUP to 25827.