We are three months into Totally bWell, and many righteous chicks and radical dudes have flashed back to the ‘80s fitness craze. They are feeling psyched while completing gnarly challenges and earning rewards. As of December 31, many time travelers are well on their way to reaching the Brick Phone Level:
- 198 have reached the Rubik’s Cube Level by participating in a health screening and completing the Well-Being Survey. (1,000 points and $100 savings on 2022 medical premiums or a $100 gift card.*). * If you choose a cash reward (gift card), the Internal Revenue Code considers the gift card value as taxable income.
- 60 have reached the Game Controller Level by participating in Totally bWell challenges
(3,000 points plus an additional $200 reward or savings on 2022 medical premiums).
Remember, Totally bWell allows you to create your own customized challenges. Whether you want to spend less, play more, or conquer a bad habit, you design the challenge that will help you change for good. Points will be awarded for up to 12 custom challenges, but there’s no limit on how many custom challenges you can create.
Learn more about Totally bWell here.
New bWell Challenges
Visit mybmcwellness.com to sign up for Totally bWell, check your progress, or see the variety of ways you can earn bWell points. Here are just a few:
- Join Naturally Slim: This free program can help you build life-long healthy habits that can improve your physical and mental health. Applications will be accepted between January 11 and 22, 2021, and the program begins on February 8. Employees, spouses, and adult dependents over 18 enrolled on a BCBSTX medical plan are eligible to apply. Past participants can apply as long as they have not participated within the last 12 months. Complete all 10 of the first 10 online video sessions and earn 250 bWell points. Points are automatically applied within 30 days after successful completion. Learn more and join the waitlist here.
- Join a Totally bWell Challenge:
- Be Grateful Challenge – When stress rises, it’s easy to lose sight of the many good things in life. However, when you practice gratitude and turn it into a habit, it can completely transform your perspective. The Be Grateful challenge encourages employees to write down three things they’re grateful for, for 30 days.
- Smile Big Challenge – One of the best ways to feel better about your own problems is to turn your focus to helping other people. The Smile Big challenge is a fun game, daring employees to make 60 different people smile in 30 days. By elevating the moods of other people, you will find that your own mood brightens as well.
Mental Health Expert Answers Questions about Stress
Real employee burnout is more than needing a temporary break from work or feeling worn down by an intense project. Instead, it’s a state of chronic job stress that results in overall exhaustion, frustration, and a defeatist attitude that negatively affects an employee’s personal and work life.
This year, with an influx of employers and schools turning to remote options, many employees struggle to keep up with their regular pace at work. Some are juggling childcare or virtual classes for young children. In contrast, others provide care for elderly family members who need extra support during the pandemic while working from home. Watch this video from WellRight with answers to 5 critical questions about managing stress to avoid burnout.
Use Your ClassPass Credits
BMC employees can now use credits to book one-on-one personal training sessions with Fyt’s portfolio of vetted and certiﬁed personal trainers! Book through ClassPass today and get your first session free.
If you don’t have a ClassPass account, sign up today here.
If You Need Help with Motivation
Everything is easier if you have some support. If you have made a New Year’s health resolution and need help and support, the bWell program provides no-cost resources to guide and encourage you. You and your spouse can work with a lifestyle motivator from Marquee Health, a BMC wellness partner. The lifestyle motivator can help you design a personalized action plan to help you reach your goals. If your goal is to quit tobacco, shed pounds, sleep better, increase your energy levels, or other goals, Marquee Health can help.
Consultations with lifestyle motivators are available at your convenience by phone, video, or webchat. Call 800-882-2109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first appointment.
WebMD explains how to make your resolutions last longer than a passing thought.